Wednesday, December 29, 2010

New years resolutions

So I've been told that there is something like a 86% failure rate on New Years resolutions according to some survey. This same survey told me that I am finally, the majority at something in my life. YAY! Or...?

Thing is, maybe it's just me but I swear, it takes me forever to come up with my New Years resolutions...FOREVER. So WHY take all that time and all the effort and all the sweat and tears and just not even follow through? Well, you can ask me and I will tell you. Every year is different but it's one of the following ALWAYS:

A) I change them because I am lazy- Lose 20 pounds? Well...20 is kinda a lot and I really don't want to let myself down so I am just going to start small with 2.

B) I get jealous of other people's resolution completion- So you've gotten through 6 of your 10 resolutions and it's only march? NICE. Me too...but I don't tell them that they are things I have already accomplished and they're really not special.

C) Sometimes I just plain forget- Yeah, whatever. I've got a lot of stuff to do. I lose a lot of calendars. I "forget" that I promised everyone around me that this year I would try my hardest to be funnier and instead I became lamer-ish. Nice!

After much negativity I will admit this has been a pretty amazing year for me! I've done a lot of growing up and accomplished a lot of things, met a lot of awesome people and I know 2011 is going to be BETTER (if that's even possible!) So this year I decided that since I had all you wonderful people around me it would be easier for me to make resolutions that are keepers...or MAYBE you guys taught me that baby steps are easier and more attainable and less scary!

So here they are! 10 totally legitimate (i promised I haven't accomplished these yet) and doable resolutions!!!

1. Meet 1,000 or more new people
Sorry, there is no clause saying I will remember everyone's names.

2. Update the packaging for Dough a Deer
Thinking about bells AND whistles

3. Clean the house more?
Hubby, this ones for you...probably one of the ones I don't follow through with though. ;)

4. Keep in touch with my grandparents
After what happened with my other nanny, it makes you appreciate people more. No ones time on earth is UNLIMITED so appreciate the time that you do have with people who matter.

5. Spend more time with my parents
They rock after all.

6. Call more than text
Although I DO text much faster than I talk!

7. Eat more green stuff
Green icing and sprinkles don't count. They really don't.

8. Go on more dates
With my husband...not other men! Unless he's cool with that...a free meal is a free meal, right?

9. Show my friends how much I appreciate them
I've learned a lot about people this year and the friends I have are real and they deserve all my love.

10. Take my pup on walks up steep hills
Why? For both of us...he's getting chubs and I've been chubs so it's some good bonding time ;)

So there it is! Did you write resolutions!? What are they? Did you keep the ones you made last year?! I gotta know!

<3 Love you guys, have an awesome and safe New Years Eve!!! Don't drink and drive, don't let someone else drink and drive and try not to puke. =]

See you in 2011!

2 comments:

  1. Nicole you are crazy funny!! =) This has made me laugh!! Ok, so here's mine: (or at least the ones I can share) To plan everything at least 2 months ahead and budget for it as well! To start my own business as I've been dreaming about it for far too long!! And finally, to Pamper myself at least once a month...hair, nails, loosing the weight (I'll put that one on pampering cause it will make me feel good and doesn't seem like something I HAVE to do)!!!

    Good luck with your resolutions and Cheers to the New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol, I really like your resolutions. I am one of those people that doesn't even take the time to pick one any more. :/ I always have the best intentions of thinking of something good and attainable and then nothing happens. Good luck to you in the new year!

    ReplyDelete