Tuesday, December 21, 2010

S'mores chocolate bars

Okay...I have something rather embarrassing (for me) to admit. Up until last summer I had never tasted a REAL s'more. I'm talking legit, old school, chocolate/fattie marshmallow (roasted over a campfire for authenticity) sandwiched in between 2 graham crackers. So I may have had a few "faux s'mores"...aka microwaved marshmallows OR marshmallows a roastin' over my gas stove top..ARE YOU JUDGING ME YET?!

When I tasted it I vowed to carry that flavor and happiness to anything I could. DOUGHNUTS came first! If you haven't tasted them yet, you must put it on your bucket list!!!

So what does Nicole do while she's not baking doughbabies for my wonderfully amazing customers/friends!?!?!?

Lots of stuff. BUT today I am sharing with you a fun thing that I found somewhere...can't remember where, sorry!!! I saw a photo of it and I knew I had to do it! SOOOOO...TAH DAH, S'mores chocolate bar!!!!!!

SO here is what you need:
1. Chocolate bar mold- Find this at cake supply stores, Michaels...etc.
2. Meltable chocolate (i don't recommend wilton...well, ever)
3. Mini marshmallows
4. Honey mini teddy grahams

EASY!

So here is what you DO:
1. Melt chocolate in the microwave...I recommend this chocolate, just because it's easy and separated. Note: I used 3 squares (3 ounces) per chocolate bar cavity...your amount depends on what kind of mold you buy!



2. Pour chocolate into each mold. You're going to have to swirl it around and get it to the edges with a spoon and then I suggest tapping on the counter to make it nice and smooth!


3. Now the fun part! You can get creative here...I was really anal and did alternating marshmallows and mini grahams. FRIENDS QUOTE "Now, you're going to want to put them in concentric circles."


4. Now NORMALLY, I don't recommend putting chocolate in the fridge but for right now, it's okay...Pop it in the fridge until they harden then take them out and wrap them however you choose! :)


As you can see...I put my chocolate bars in the fridge next to my huge costco sized bag of carrots...which one will I grab for first? hmmm.

Thanks for reading and enjoy! =]

Love and Dough,
Nicole
www.doughadeer.com

No comments:

Post a Comment