Thursday, November 18, 2010

Small business'/finding the right vendor!


I cannot stress enough the importance of finding the right vendor for your event! It doesn't just mean for weddings...any party!!!

When you start to plan an event, your goal is to make it memorable, AMAZING and in budget!!! You've heard it before though, you get what you pay for. Sometimes cheap isn't always the best choice. Always try to meet with vendors before you book them. Know what the vendor is like in person, especially if you are having them AT your event!

Take time to contact the vendor's references as well if you are in doubt about them.

My wedding was in June and I have vendors I would recommend to ANYONE and EVERYONE then there are some that I couldn't bring myself to talk about their work in a good way. In this industry, making a good impression on EVERYONE is what keeps your business going...it only takes one unhappy client to tell people that they weren't satisfied with your work to become an issue for you.

I've been asked why I am still "plugging" the vendors from my wedding when I got married 5 months ago. My response was simple...when I am happy, they deserve to be given positive feedback for as long as I can still speak. People get married every day and they will continue to. Just because I didn't get married yesterday doesn't mean that I am not happy with them anymore!

I am a lover of small business'...really...I buy tons of stuff off etsy during the year, I plan to get my holiday gifts off the website and I have a lot of close friends and family who have small business'. It's not easy. It's not cheap. Sometimes it's not fun! At the end of the day, you ARE your business...your business is your livelihood and you are the one responsible for making sure you please people and make your product or service shine EVERY TIME!!! Do that and your happy clients will make sure people know about you! Referrals are the most flattering business!!!


So anyways, why am I talking about this? Because the holidays are coming up and I know a lot of wonderful people who deserve to have their name and their product/service in the spotlight for holiday gifts and holiday parties!!

So if you're reading this and you have a small business PLEASE post your name and your link along with a little bit about what you do! That way other people can visit your site and support small business'!!!!

<3 you guys!!!

***
www.doughadeer.com
www.djtasos.com
www.christinebentley.com
www.bellanotteevents.com
http://blushbridalcoutureoc.com/

5 comments:

  1. Couldn't agree more! I got married two years ago and I'm still plugging our vendors- they were that good :) We'd love to be included in your small business list (and thank you for picking a picture of the Hey Diddle Diddle favors for this post, it was a treat to be involved!). My cousin Elizabeth and I do custom papergoods + wedding design and we're located in Annapolis, Maryland. Thanks Nicole! http://littlebitheart.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great website! :) Thanks for putting your link up!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for promoting small businesses! There are so many amazing ones out there!

    I create custom event accessories from map design to cupcake flags! I love adding fun to parties!
    http://www.goagainstthegrain.etsy.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is AWESOME!!!

    I'm Krissy and I own an online baby/toddler Boutique called Icing tops the CAKE. My products range from Handmade Hair Clippies to Crib Bedding and everything in between. I also just starting making customized Primitive Word Blocks. These will make a great gift for any occasion! If you have an idea in your head, I can most likely make that come to life so please don't hesitate to contact me.
    Check out my website! www.icingtopsthecake.com

    Thanks and Happy Shopping! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this!

    I'm Stefanie and live in Austin, TX. I am a stay-at-home mom of two girls and the owner of anna and blue paperie, an online shop specializing in personalized prints for everyday events. After many requests from friends to make personalized paper goods for them, I was inspired to offer my products online. In the shop you will find printables, stationery, gift tags, labels, party décor and more! Every item can be fully customized to suit your taste, event or just because!

    I love creating personalized and custom paper goods for social correspondence, gifts and parties. It is a treat to be asked to be a part of decorating a party, making a package unique or simply writing a note on pretty paper.

    Thanks much!

    Stefanie

    ReplyDelete