Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Interview with D.Park Photography

I LOVE meeting new wedding vendors!!! I love even MORE meeting a husband and wife team! I met David and Drexelle Park at an event and I contacted them to inquire about business photos! I wanted to get a few shots done and I loved their style! They delivered and we came up with some cute stuff that really shows what Dough a Deer is!! I decided to pick their brains and it's time for you all to see what D. Park photography is all about!!!

1. How long have you been in business and why did you decide to start a photography business?

David's been shooting weddings since 2006. But we didn't officially open for business 'til July 2009.

David's had a passion for capturing moments and people and beauty for as long as I can remember. He's also always been the most romantic man I know. When he started photographing weddings, he fell in love with capturing love stories. To him, photographing weddings wasn't a job. It was a passion.

For me, I was finishing up my MBA and, though I was paving a path to success in my career, it was so unsatisfying. When I tried to figure out what I wanted to do, I realized my number one passion, the thing I would do even if I wasn't paid to do it, would be to celebrate marriage. I came from a divorced home where, to this day, my parents don't really speak. And, though I had never used an SLR in my life, David asked me to second shoot. With a camera in my hand, I fell in love with capturing and immortalizing love stories with beautiful imagery.

We opened up the business and, thanks to God, we were able do it full-time and come this far. We absolutely love it!

2. What is your favorite thing about being a photographer?

David: The amazing personal relationships we build with the people we photograph
Drexelle: Capturing tears, the deep welling up of emotions that come up on a wedding day

3. What is the most important thing for brides and grooms to know when choosing their wedding photographer?

Choose the one you LOVE, nothing less.

4. What is your favorite thing to photograph?

David: Beauty
Drexelle: A groom in tears when he first sees his bride

5. Do you believe in the expression, a picture is worth 1,000 words? If so, why?

If it is, it better have something darn good to say.

Take a look at some of the photos they shot for me! =]

Make sure to visit them online at D.Park Photography
and add them on facebook too!

1 comment: