Tuesday, September 28, 2010

October, breast cancer awareness month! **long post**


I LOVE October...it is one of my favourite months! In October though, the main focus is Halloween and don't get me wrong, i adore Halloween and everything that comes with it but October has a more serious and important focus.

Breast Cancer Awareness Month. As a woman, it's always in the back of your mind and chances are you know someone that has been affected by this horrible and unavoidable mess. Everyone knows the best thing for beating breast cancer is early detection and it's VITAL as 1 in every 8 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. 1 in 8! Can you believe that? Do you have 8 women in your life? It's scary to think about.

A few years ago I was told that my grandmother had breast cancer...I was told on the day she had the surgery to remove the mass. She beat it. She beat cancer...cancer took my grandfather 12 years ago. My grandmother was an amazing person and without the aid of donations and scientific studies, cancer could have possibly beat her but instead, she beat cancer. Some of you may notice I used past tense. She beat cancer and she fought so it wouldn't take her life but something else did. On July 11th of 2008 my grandmother was side swiped by a cement truck in a merge lane...the driver admitted to not paying attention. On September 13th, 2008 my grandmother passed away of brain damage resulting from the accident.

She was an amazing person that accomplished and survived so many things in her life time. I want to give back in honor of her. I want to give back in honor of all the women you all know that has had to endure this cancer. For your moms, sisters, grandmothers and friends. I want to give back to all the women who will have to one day hear the words "it's cancer" so they can at least find solace in the thought that there are people working to one day find a cure. We can help!

I am listing a pack of a dozen pink doughnuts on my etsy website...for every doughnut pack I sell I will donate 10% to the Susan G Komen for the cure. The doughnuts will be one dozen, pink and white doughnuts with different sprinkles packaged and shipped to your door for $12.00 plus shipping. Every little bit we can contribute is something that helps fuel the search for the cure. Let's beat this!

Please tell everyone you know...I will also be looking for more etsy sellers who want to participate and donate too and I will update this post often with their links.

Thank you so much <3 href="http://www.etsy.com/shop/doughadeer/">


This will be from tomorrow until October 29th...donation will be made November 1st. =]

No comments:

Post a Comment